We all procrastinate things we dread doing – there’s just no denying it! Studying for the GRE is something many of us students have dreaded, and procrastinating GRE prep can cause the stress of studying to build like crazy. But going to the store and purchasing a book can take lots of time and effort, and can cause us to stress just thinking about picking out a book from dozens on the shelf.
These books could literally be on your doorstep tomorrow! No store-shopping necessary.
Plus, you can easily check out ratings and reviews, and quickly learn what’s included in each book. Enjoy!
1. Official GRE Super Power Pack by Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- Incredible study materials designed by the very people who make the test
- 4 complete, real GRE exams
- 600 real practice exam questions
- Detailed explanations for answers
- Scored examples for Analytical Writing responses and discussion
- Access to GRE Prep Online
- The Official Guide to the GRE Test, 3rd Edition
- Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, 2nd Edition
- Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: $44.52 (plus save more when you apply Amazon’s suggested coupon)
- Kindle: $42.29
- 4.7/5 stars | 61 Reviews
So, if you didn’t know before, now you know. ETS makes the GRE. Their materials are absolutely incredible. Their GRE prep books consist of real questions formatted exactly how you will see them on the real test. This Power Pack is pricier than the other options, but it is well worth the cost. You simply can’t beat it!
2. 5-lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems by Manhattan Prep
- A full-length practice test with answers & detailed explanations
- Hundreds of easy-to-understand tips, FAQs, GRE strategies, and a study schedule
- Multiple lessons on Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing
- 130+ up-to-date practice questions & easy-to-understand explanations
- Statistics for each question (difficulty rating, % of students who typically get it correct, etc.)
- Paperback: $18.99
- Kindle: $9.99
- 4.6/5 stars | 219 Reviews
Side note: Magoosh is mostly well known for their online courses and test prep mobile apps. Magoosh’s mobile/online GRE products were my go-to study materials because they’re just so easily accessible! I recommend visiting Magoosh’s GRE prep website to check out their other great options!
4. GRE Prep Plus by Kaplan Test Prep
- 2 full-length tests online + 1 full-length practice test in-book
- Over 1,700 questions with detailed explanations
- Personalize & customize your study plan & practice
- One-on-one academic support from Kaplan faculty via social medias
- Paperback: $23.12
- 4.2/5 stars | 255 Reviews
There you have it! 4 books all rated above 4 stars, and all available on Amazon Prime.
P.S. Don’t have Amazon Prime? They have an awesome Amazon Prime Student program where your first 6 months are totally free, and after that it’s just $6.49/month! You can cancel at any time – even before those first free 6 months are up. Plus, they run Prime Student exclusive deals on numerous college-related products all year round. It’s SO worth it! Check it out here: Amazon Prime Student.
Don’t put off studying any longer – these GRE prep books are tried and true, and I guarantee you’ll find the right one for you! For more on GRE Prep visit 5 Quick Tips for GRE Vocabluary Prep and 7 Free GRE Prep Apps. Happy studying!
For easy reference, click the images below: